Unit 83 is a fast-paced Colorectal/General surgery unit that is well known as a supportive and enthusiastic mentoring environment for new staff. We are a sister unit to our partners in surgical urology. As well, we provide care for a small number of off-service medical patients.
Under supervision, the Unit Clerk performs receptionist functions, facilitates communication between the unit and other health disciplines, departments, patients and families, and performs a variety of clerical support duties for the unit. This position plays an important role in the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
- Successful completion of a Unit Clerk course required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of 1 years of recent experience working in acute hospital setting with complex surgical and medical experience required.
- Ability to prioritize, work and cope with frequent interruptions, noise and other nearby distractions.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Experience with the regional Patient Care Information System (SCM) and Clinibase an required.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- All applicants are required to include an up-to date resume outlining how their qualifications match position requirements.