The Unit Clerk position is essential to the smooth and efficient operation of the PICU. As the initial contact person, the Unit Clerk is instrumental in facilitating communication between nursing and other health disciplines, departments. patients and families, and in maintaining confidentiality of patient information. Working under general supervision, the Unit Clerk is responsible for processing physicians' orders, undertaking reception duties, and clerical duties for the unit.
- High school graduation (Grade 12
- Completion of recognized Unit Clerk course required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Prior PICU experience required.
- Previous experience in a position involving a variety of clerical duties and interpersonal relations preferred.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with hospital setting and basic functioning of general nursing unit.
- Typing and computer skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and cope with frequent interruptions, noise, and other nearby distractions.