The Walton Group of Companies is one of North America¿s leading land-based real estate investment and development companies.
Walton specializes in the research, acquisition, management and development of real estate assets across North America, with a goal to achieve the highest and best development potential of the land while protecting and maximizing returns for our investors worldwide.
Walton International Group Inc. structures and offers pre-development and development land investment opportunities to qualified investors worldwide.
Walton Capital Management Inc. is an exempt market dealer in most provinces of Canada, offering pre-development and development land investment opportunities to qualified investors resident in Canada.
Walton Development and Management L.P. offers expertise in land planning, development, project finance, and marketing. Through our activities across North America, we collaborate and partner to create master planned communities incorporating smart growth principles.
Walton Asset Management L.P. sources capital for horizontal development and other land-based real estate investments.
Walton Realty and Management Ltd. is an Alberta real estate brokerage that promotes and markets land and development holdings of the Walton Group.
Becoming part of the Walton Group of Companies means loving your job and believing in the company you work for. That’s the Walton experience. Year after year, our employee feedback is overwhelmingly positive. You can feel the job satisfaction in the air and see it on the faces of our employees!
Walton is an organization you can grow your career with. With over 30 years of experience, we have grown to be one of North America’s leading real estate investment groups, creating land-based investments for individual and institutional investors worldwide.
As we continue to succeed, our team must grow and we are currently looking to fill the position of Software Developer at Walton International Group Inc.
• Work with a team in determining customer requirements and assists team in providing customer solutions
• Expert proficiency in Software Maintenance and Enhancement
• Advanced proficiency in Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Engineering Tools & Methods Software Engineering Quality, Software Construction and Software Testing
• Participate in code and design reviews
• Provide assistance to testers, support personnel and business users as needed to determine system problems.
• Research, define, present and recommend software designs and/or alternative strategies
• To problem-solve and troubleshoot independently, as well as within a team
• To effectively communicate (both written and verbal) and gain trust with all levels of expertise and personnel
• To communicate with a variety of audiences (executive, project team, business and technical audiences)
• The ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities
• University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
• 3 -5 years of software development experience
• Deep knowledge of software architectures and object oriented design, as well as practical experience with corresponding best practices
• Experience designing, developing and delivering high performance, high throughput enterprise applications
• Experience designing and developing applications employing core technologies such as SOA, REST, Cloud and SQL databases
• Experience with software development on Windows using languages such as C# , ASP .net, Java, SQL
• TEAM player, POSITIVE attitude, strong relationship building skills.
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
• Fun, energetic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
Join our team of passionate, energetic and inspired staff. In an age of revolving doors in the job market, Walton is a place employees want to be for the long run. Now, experience the Walton difference of integrity and professionalism for yourself.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence, to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: 3 Years
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media