(PLC)FORENSIC ASSESSMENT OP
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Sunridge Professional Bldg - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 23.77 per hour Maximum: 28.91 per hour
Reporting to the Manager FAOS & CGT, The Secretary I is responsible for providing general office administration and secretarial support to the primary Forensic Assessment & Outpatient and Community Geographic Team programs. The successful incumbent will be responsible for a variety of secretarial duties including but not limited to general reception and client registration duties, compilation of statistical information, completes transcription of clinical reports and correspondence, records minutes/follows up on action items, calendar coordination, pulls and files patient charts, and sends and receives faxes. The incumbent will be responsible for scheduling and arrangement of meetings, physician or clinician appointments and be responsible for the composition of agendas, records, and minute distribution. Efficient and effective typing skills with the ability to meet deadlines is essential. You will also be responsible for collection and entry of client demographics data and therefore good people skills and experience dealing with psychiatric clients is required. The incumbent will be the resources contact for FAOS/CGT staff regarding administrative office procedures as well as facilitation of clinical Telehealth bookings. The incumbent will also be responsible for the immediate management of difficult client service issues and complaints. The successful candidate provides coverage for the other secretaries as necessary, and further may also be required to perform a variety of other tasks which impact on the work unit and may extend beyond the organization to the general public.
- An Administrative Professional diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two to five years of progressively responsible administration experience is required.
- Excellent Knowledge base and strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite of programs (MS Word, Powerpoint, Email, Excel, Access) is required and essential.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite of programs required.
- Firm knowledge of AHS organizational practices and standards, policies and procedures an asset.
- Accurate typing speed of 65-80 words per min required.
- The ability to work with considerable independence making all day to day decisions where policy and procedure has been outlined is required.
- Effective Time management and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines is necessary.
- Experience within a mental health setting (acute care or community) and interacting with mental health clients required.
- Experience in a community forensic mental health or legal setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of the legal system and dealing with justice community stakeholders an asset.
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Job Function: Healthcare Services and Wellness