Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Foothills Medical Centre - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 23.77 per hour Maximum: 28.91 per hour
Reporting to the Manager - Admin Services and Department Manager, this position is responsible for coverage of the day-to-day organization and coordination of patient care assigned physician(s) across 6 sites (FMC, ACH, PLC, RGH, SHC, RRDTC It is often the first point of contact for patient and/or a referring physician's office. The incumbent must handle a fast pace of work with multiple concurrent demands to arrange clinic appointments, referrals to other clinics, scheduling of further investigative testing and tracking of charts. The number of physicians supported may vary depending on department, specialty and number of weekly clinics. The incumbent must be able to travel to all sites under the Department of Surgery to provide coverage to various physician offices at any given time. This position will be providing coverage for vacation, sick time, back up assistance in a physicians office, and 'other' time off requested.
The Secretary I floater must be flexible. She/He might focus more on administrative duties in one office and more on clinical duties in another. Floaters will be designated each morning where they will be working that day and what their responsibilities will be. In some cases, work assignment will be delegated in block of time. An anticipated schedule will be created in conjunction with the department manager's and site lead consultation to try and meet the diverse and unique demands required to fill in department of Surgery workforce gaps on a day to day basis
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Post secondary graduate of an approved Medical Office Assistant (MOA) course required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Able to type 60-70 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal Computers and various network and software applications (e.g. Outlook Web - Access (calendar & email Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Clinibase, Millenium, netcare, Accuro, Scheduler, Medtech, billing software, ROCA, One 45.
- Able to work under pressure to manage competing and changing priorities, with consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Awareness of public and corporate image, directives and goals.
- Self-directed and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytic problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary to anticipate, identify and independently recommend appropriate actions to complex administrative problems.
- Must be flexible in order to accommodate changing workload demands.
- Must be able to exercise professionalism, judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues.
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a health care setting.
- Excellent English language skills - written and oral.
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Job Function: Healthcare Services and Wellness