With over 40 Hotels, Resorts, Inns and Suites from British Columbia to Quebec, and several more properties under development, Sandman is Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company. The Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, and we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated hospitality professionals. If you're interested in working in the high-energy environment of Canada's hospitality industry, apply today.
• Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
• Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
• Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
• Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
• Runs various reports on the computer for management.
• Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
• Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours
• Check all unresolved departures.
• Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
• Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
• Complete welcome calls.
• Clean and tidy front desk area.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
• As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
• Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
• 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
• Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
• Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
• Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
• Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Long periods of standing
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
• Overtime as required
Compensation & Benefits:
Wages: To be negotiated
Vacation Pay Plan exceeds Provincial Labour Standards.
Discounted hotel stays for self, family, and friends.
3rd Party discount program.
If this sounds like a job for you, send us your resume to join our Sandman Team.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Function: Hospitality and Food Service