With over 40 Hotels, Resorts, Inns and Suites from British Columbia to Quebec, and several more properties under development, Sandman is Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company. The Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, and we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated hospitality professionals. If you're interested in working in the high-energy environment of Canada's hospitality industry, apply today.
The Sandman Calgary South, located at 8001 - 11th Street SE, Calgary, AB, is looking to fill a FULL TIME LAUNDRY WORKER for the Housekeeping Department.
Sandman Hotels requires an energetic Laundry Worker to be responsible for providing for the Hotel’s daily requirements for all linen supplies. The Laundry Worker must be able to provide efficient support to the Housekeeping Department needs to ensure that sufficient supplies are available at all times. Sandman Hotels offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
• Sort laundry at the beginning of each shift.
• Wash all linens after sorting (washing machine settings and product on a set program
• Move laundry from washing machines to dryers.
• Remove laundry from dryers and fold immediately to prevent wrinkling.
• Stock linen supply room with clean linens for use for next day.
• Laundry to include: bed linens, blankets, Duvets/Comforters, towels & face cloths, and restaurant table linens. At end of day all cleaning cloths will also be washed, dried and folded for housekeeping needs.
• Small mending repairs required as needed.
• A minimum of 1 – 2 years experience preferred.
• No education required.
• Physical mobility and stamina required.
• Ability to follow instruction.
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent time management skills.
• Good communication skills are an asset.
• Good organizational skills.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Manual dexterity required to handle wet laundry loads.
• Ability to lift up to 15 kg
• Regular physical activity including walking, standing, sitting and lifting,
• This will be permanent, full-time, day shifts, and weekends.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Wage is: To be negotiated.
• Benefits: We provide Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision Care for FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY.
• Vacation Pay plan exceeds the Provincial Labour Standards.
• Discounts at Sandman Hotels and Denny’s Restaurants plus third party partnership discounts available to all staff and families.
If this exciting, fast paced job sounds like the one for you, and you want the opportunity to grow and develop within the Hospitality Industry, send us your resume.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.