IT Analyst II
(CORP)PATIENT CARE SYSTEMS
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
QuarryPark - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 35.15 per hour Maximum: 47.47 per hour
You are an enthusiastic professional reporting to the Manager, Patient Care Systems Development, Information Systems. You will work with a team of Systems Analysts in the support of clinical software with a focus on supporting the clinical business processes within a large integrated clinical program. You will also work closely with the other support teams Managers within Information Technology and business leads from a variety of clinical departments. Responsibilities involve project management and all phases of the System Development Life Cycle with the purpose of delivering high quality applications to support front-line clinical users. You must utilize strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal talents in a clinical customer service environment. You will work independently and with software developers within a team environment.
Major duties include:
- Business analysis, requirements gathering, prototype design, working between clients and software developers.
- Provide advanced application development/support expertise which may include: senior level consulting, problem-solving, liaison with vendor and other ITS groups, application upgrades, testing, evaluation, enhancement, support and maintenance.
- Lead/mentor the team in adopting a Rapid Application Development methodology via iterative development and software prototyping through the utilization of ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework.
- Where appropriate, develop fixes with team members and implement these solutions to keep the applications running.
- Monitor and assess (through discussions with clients and other staff) requests for changes to system configuration, interface programs, assigned application(s) and changes to downstream applications.
- Provide advice to clients on IT/IM strategic planning and ongoing technical initiatives.
- Collaborate with other service areas as needed to resolve incidents that require solutions from multiple components of the environment.
- Collaborate on problem investigations designed to identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Manage multiple priorities, plan and work within set project schedules and have the ability to communicate effectively with internal, external customers and team members. A strong customer focus is essential.
- A recognized post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or a related field and current experience in the area of application design and support.
- A working knowledge of personal computer desktop systems, technical architecture and software is essential.
- Experience with mobile development.
- As flexibility exists within the team assignments technical development including experience with oracle and/or SQL Server database development is required.
- Development experience in Oracle Apex and PL/SQL is an asset.
- 4 years previous experience in the IT industry is required.
- Previous experience in the Health Care industry is an asset.
- Understanding of the ITIL methodology is an asset.
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media