Integrated Security System AnalystInformation SystemsCompetition #: 161-15-SU SAIT Polytechnic’s Information Systems department supports the installation, development and maintenance of computers, applications and communication infrastructure for the Institute. This includes the planning, installation, training, and operational maintenance of the access control systems, closed circuit television systems (CCTV and associated applications utilized by the Security Department at the Institute. The Information Systems department has an opening for an Integrated Security System Analyst This position, reporting to the Information Systems Security and Compliance Analyst, is responsible for the planning, integration, and maintenance of SAIT’s access control and CCTV infrastructure, which requires working with all organizational levels and groups including client business units, internal project management teams, as well as external vendors. This position will develop and manage project schedules, infrastructure lifecycle planning, operational maintenance and support, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate client training of the access control and CCTV systems RESPONSIBILITIES: OperationsCoordinate and complete the daily operational maintenance and repair of SAIT’s electro/mechanical access control systems, coaxial and IP based CCTV systems.Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.Evaluate and manage competing priorities based upon impact, urgency, and life safety impactComplete and document annual inspections, including necessary repairs, of all access control and CCTV systems.Implement systems based on recommendations and business requirements. PlanningAssist with research and development of recommendations related to:
CCTV and door access system lifecycle management
Legacy system transition
Renovation / construction activities
New service offering to clientsTraining & CommunicationAssist in the development of documentation and training based on use cases.Provide training, where required, to specific clientele on the operation of the integrated access control and CCTV systemProvide input to system enhancement opportunities to address common / routine activities.QUALIFICATIONS: The successful applicant must have the following in their resume: Must Haves:
Education & Experience
• 2 year electronics diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute and at least 5 years experience in the, electrical, electronic or security related field. An equivalent combination of education with extensive directly related work experience of may be considered.
• At least 2 years of IP integrated system experience.
• Training or certification with access control locks and CCTV cameras
• Certification in Milestone
• Certification and experience with S2 Access Control platform is required.Technical
• An in-depth understanding of electrical and electronic systems such as data, intercom, access control, CCTV (IP& Coax) and Security.
• May be required to work at heights requiring specialized safety training
• May be required to work on ladders.
• May be required to lift overhead tools and equipment up to 10 pounds.
• May be required to work in confined / restricted space.
• May be require to complete activities outside of SAITs’ standard business hours Behavioral/Skill set
• Knowledge of network topography
• Strong organizational skills, be able to manage multiple tasks/project simultaneously
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Achievement Motivation
• Building partnerships with Stakeholders
• Comprehensive/Conceptual Thinking
• Impact and Influence
• Teamwork and Cooperation Nice to have:
• Indigo Vision experience
• iDisk/iNet experience Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications. Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized. OPEN TO: SAIT Employees and the PublicSALARY: Commensurate with education and experienceCOMPETITION NUMBER: 161-15-SUCLOSING DATE: November 4,2014 WHY WORK AT SAITYou will be part of a premier polytechnic with an international reputation. SAIT Polytechnic offers a variety of benefits and services for staff including flexible scheduling, a great vacation package, Christmas leave, personal and professional development programs, access to our Wellness Centre, transportation discounts and more. To learn more, please visit Why Work at SAIT TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please visit the SAIT careers site at http:www.sait.ca/careers SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified individuals. NOTE: The preferred method of application is on-line. Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. By applying your resume may be considered for other opportunities at SAIT that suit your experience. SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education. Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)The personal information recorded on the application form is being collected under the authority of Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The information will be used for the purpose(s) of employee recruitment and administration and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you require additional information concerning the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator in Employee Services at 403-284-8633.
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: 7 Years
Job Function: Security and Surveillance