The Walton Group of Companies is one of North America¿s leading land-based real estate investment and development companies.
Walton specializes in the research, acquisition, management and development of real estate assets across North America, with a goal to achieve the highest and best development potential of the land while protecting and maximizing returns for our investors worldwide.
Walton International Group Inc. structures and offers pre-development and development land investment opportunities to qualified investors worldwide.
Walton Capital Management Inc. is an exempt market dealer in most provinces of Canada, offering pre-development and development land investment opportunities to qualified investors resident in Canada.
Walton Development and Management L.P. offers expertise in land planning, development, project finance, and marketing. Through our activities across North America, we collaborate and partner to create master planned communities incorporating smart growth principles.
Walton Asset Management L.P. sources capital for horizontal development and other land-based real estate investments.
Walton Realty and Management Ltd. is an Alberta real estate brokerage that promotes and markets land and development holdings of the Walton Group.
Becoming part of the Walton Group of Companies means loving your job and believing in the company you work for. That’s the Walton experience. Year after year, our employee feedback is overwhelmingly positive. You can feel the job satisfaction in the air and see it on the faces of our employees!
Walton is an organization you can grow your career with. With over 30 years of experience, we have grown to be one of North America’s leading real estate investment groups, creating land-based investments for individual and institutional investors worldwide.
As we continue to succeed, our team must grow and we are currently looking to fill the position of Financial Analyst at Walton Development & Management (Alberta) L.P.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing advice and information to the Walton Asset Management and Walton Development & Management Executive teams. This role will act as the focal point for inquiries on all matters pertaining to financial services, policies and procedures and will provide the functional expertise on budgets and forecasts. The Financial Analyst will work closely with Walton’s accounting groups and will be responsible for incorporating updated cash flow forecasts and historical data into financial models to keep said models up to date.
Additional duties will include:
• Quarterly reporting, financial reporting, planning, forecasting, budget analysis, scheduling and special projects
• Developing financial models conducting company research
• Maintaining and develop Corporate and local systems
• Providing liaison support to Corporate Finance.
• Analyzing data to help advise WDM to manage ongoing projects through the pipeline identification and modeling processes
• Analyze the progress of WDM projects on an ongoing basis and provide updates on the NP website
• Perform research associated with Offering documents
• Support the development and writing of the Offering documents
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in finance, commerce, business, accounting or related field
• Solid understanding of spreadsheet modeling, real estate and capital markets.
• 5-7 years experience in a similar position/environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all level in organization.
• Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills.
• Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
• Strong financial modeling skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite applications
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work hard under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Investment industry & or Real Estate experience will be an asset
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
• Fun, energetic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
Join our team of passionate, energetic and inspired staff. In an age of revolving doors in the job market, Walton is a place employees want to be for the long run. Now, experience the Walton difference of integrity and professionalism for yourself.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence, to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: 5 Years
Education: Bachelors (Including Honours)
Industry: Real Estate and Property Management
Job Function: Accounting and Finance