Under the direction of the Team Leader/Manager ORIS, the data entry clerk position will be responsible for the extensive clerical, data input and update requirements of all Operating Room Information Systems (ORIS) and Surgical Services contracted facilities application. The clerk ensures ORIS data entry is accurately, effectively and efficiently entered. Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment. Organizational support for contracted facilities and other clerical duties as assigned.
Effective day-to-day business of ORIS including:
- Prioritize, enter and validate patient information under strict deadlines on all surgical cases and supplies to meet zone and departmental demands (80,000 surgeries performed per annum
- Validate supply items for accurate data entry.
- Reviews all ORIS and contracted facility related forms to validate that all data has been collected. If data is missing or incomplete, scans/forwards to the appropriate individual(s) assisting with the resolution.
- Communicates verbally and in writing, internally and externally to provide accurate information within ORIS and contracted facility application(s) for the purposes of patient safety.
- Maintains an organized, standardized, up-to-date filing system.
- Run day to day Crystal reports and retrieve/analysis contracted facility records.
- Assists with orientation and on-going training for new and existing staff.
- Identifies business and operational system problems and forwards to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- High School Diploma required.
- Business or Healthcare related certificate or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course required, Level 1, 2 or 3.
- Accurate data entry and keyboarding skills required - minimal 55 wpm.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task working independently completing tasks required.
- Ability to complete and prioritize workload amidst multiple interruptions.
- Professional phone etiquette required.
- Proficient English - verbal and written.
- Ability to foster positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with MS Outlook and Excel 2010 required.
- Demonstrated an organized electronic filing with multiple facilities/offices preferred.
- Experience with surgical health care and working in Netcare/ORIS applications preferred.