Design Group Staffing are currently searching on behalf of our client to fill two exciting long-term contract opportunities in Fort McMurray.
To start asap
Mobilization and camp accommodation is available for non local candidates
To apply for this position please email a MS Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The main emphasis of this position is on daily maintenance of process control and safety applications and the improvement of operating reliability of the plant. This is achieved by being aware of the day to day operational performance of the plant, remaining current with the evolving control system and its applications, and maximizing the productivity of the application team. Other accountabilities involve:
- Monitoring process control applications and provide troubleshooting and enhancements as required by production, maintenance and engineering personnel, and produce or update associated documentation.
- Identifying opportunities where process control applications will improve process reliability, efficiency, and operational consistency.
- Participating in planning to achieve timely completion of identified projects
- Continuously evaluating the existing process control systems for reliability of control and effectiveness.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on process control systems and process control related tasks.
Education and Training Background
Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, with more than 5 years of diversified process plant support-development and/or design experience from the graduation level either as client, consultant or contractor
A 2-year instrumentation technical program from an accredited institution with a minimum 8 years of process plant support-development and/or design experience from the graduation level either as client, consultant or contractor;
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years plant site experience in process control or instrumentation in a continuous hydrocarbon processing facility.
- 5 years of experience with DCSs, SISs, and PLCs.
- Process control specialization is highly desired.
CONTROL SYSTEM SPECIALIST
The Control System Specialist reports to the Team Lead - Control Systems and is accountable for the software administration, troubleshooting, maintenance, development, upgrades and general management of the network and database of systems in the Process Automation layer. This position liaises with the IT, Process Application Specialists, field instrumentation personnel, and daily operations as required.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of promoting and justifying those projects which improve safety, reliability, maintainability and operations and are seen to have high economic viability. This requires an in-depth understanding of the complexity of all systems, the user's needs, and the processes at Long Lake.
The Process Automation Systems layer includes, but is not limited to:
· Delta V DCS System;
· Delta V SIS System;
· Bently Nevada Monitoring Systems;
· Compressor Controls Monitoring Systems;
· PLC Network;
· Fire & Gas System;
· DMZ firewall;
· OPC server;
· Burner Management Systems (BMS);
· Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMS);
· Mark 6 turbine control system.
· Software and hardware support services for DeltaV Control Systems and all other systems;
· Technical support and service for Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, and AMS;
· Develop DeltaV modules template library and dynamo sets;
· Configure DeltaV control modules and process graphics;
· Install new DeltaV network system components;
· Configure and maintain the Object Linking & Embedding (OLE) for Process Control (OPC) server;
· Commissioning and startup support;
· Perform Anti-virus, Password and Network Security;
· Perform hardware and software upgrades, backups, restore procedures and documentation for disaster recovery, software changes, database and process historian administration;
· Configure and maintain remote access server;
· Manage and maintain automation network firewalls between the Automation Network and the Process Control Demilitarized Zone (DMZ);
· Liaise with the Information Systems Administrator for areas of interface between the networks;
· Provide support and oversight of the operations training simulator;
· Interface with third-party vendors;
· Liaise with instrumentation personnel for issues relating field instrumentation and systems other than Delta V;
· Ensure the reliable operation of the process control system infrastructure;
· Continuously evaluate the existing systems for reliability and effectiveness;
· Research and investigate current process control systems technology and applications, and make recommendations on how they may be applied to benefit the profitability of Long Lake;
· Provide documentation and training support to the Automation and Maintenance personnel;
· Research, troubleshoot and resolve systems issues and ensure all problems are resolved in a timely manner;
· Specify hardware, software and application functionality;
· Ensure system security and provide ongoing firewall management;
Bachelor's degree in Systems, Computer, Electrical Engineering or Applied Science or its equivalent with a minimum 5 years of support-development and/or design experience from the graduation level either as client, consultant or contractor;
A 2-year technical program from an accredited institution with a mimimum15 years of support-development and/or design experience from the graduation level either as client, consultant or contractor;
Minimum 3 years of plant site experience supporting Process Control Systems in a hydrocarbon continuous process facility;
Minimum 5 years of experience in automation systems;
Versed in network administration, database technology, systems security and demilitarized zone (DMZ);
Versed in current industry standards and recommended practices and a practical sense in applying such references;
About Design Group Staffing
Design Group Staffing Inc. is one of the largest suppliers of contract, temporary and full-time professionals in Canada. Founded in 1976, our firm specializes in providing engineering, technical and technical sales roles in Construction, EPCM, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas and Architecture & Design, as well as specialist roles in Real Estate Development and Property Management across Canada. As Recruitment Specialists, we stand out by creating an exceptional experience for candidates and client companies. Our process allows us to get to know the best talent, understand their needs, and find matches that lead to success.
Design Group Staffing Inc. is ISO 9001 Certified and has been named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies each year since 1999 and has held Platinum Status since 2005. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Design Group Staffing Inc. employs over 350 recruitment professionals who place thousands of quality candidates per year. With offices across Canada, we understand industry challenges that are unique to each region and offer both national reach and local knowledge.
For more information, please visit dg.ca
Industry: Recruitment and Staffing
Job Function: Skilled Trades and Labour